Save the Date for the 2015 Public Health Nursing Conference!
Leadership and Systems Thinking: The Intersection of Public Health Nursing and Community
By the end of the conference, the attendees will be able to:
- Describe how public health nurses assure accountability for ethical standards of public health practice as the basis of all interaction with organizations, communities, and individuals.
- Identify how public health nurses integrate systems thinking into public health practice.
- Discuss how public health nurses maintain systems that assure quality, collaboration, and coordination in the delivery of essential public health services.
Present at the 2015 Public Health Nursing Conference
Submit your abstract today!
We invite you to submit an abstract to share your expertise and knowledge at the 2015 Public Health Nursing Conference. This year’s theme is “Leadership and Systems Thinking: The Intersection of Public Health Nursing and Community.” Conference activities will provide attendees with information, skills, and resources related to PHN practice and the ever growing need for PHN involvement within the community. The conference will also provide time for attendees to learn about and share information on critical public health issues.
Final selections will be based on the quality and clarity of the abstract, as well as relevance of the described content to the overall conference theme.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically by March 27, 2015. Late or manual submissions will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically, using the online Presentation Submission form.
- The content described in the abstract must be appropriate for a 60 minute oral presentation (including question and answer period).
- Abstracts must include 2-3 learning objectives for your presentation.
- Presenter biosketch(es) must be provided as part of the submission process. Biosketches are not required for any contributors who will not be presenting.
- You and your co-presenters do not need to be WPHA members to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, you MUST register for the Conference. Submission of an abstract implies a commitment to make the presentation at the conference.
- All notifications regarding abstract status will be done through email. Please make sure your email address and the email addresses of your co-presenters are correct.
Now Accepting Student Poster Submissions
The 2015 PHN Conference will include a Student Poster Reception on Tuesday, August 4 from 5:00-6:00 at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center in Stevens Point, WI.
The Poster Reception allows us to showcase a more diverse range of projects, featuring the many public health nursing student programs and projects from around Wisconsin. It's also a great opportunity for one-on-one conversations between the conference participants and poster presenters. Students can take advantage of this opportunity to speak to fellow students and future colleagues about their work.
Share this invitation with students you know or submit your poster abstract for consideration today!
Learn more about opportunities to support the 2015 Public Health Nursing Conference or see the links below to register today!
Exhibitor Registration • Sponsor Registration
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center at a rate of $70 single/$97 double occupancy. To guarantee this rate, reservations must be made by July 17, 2015.
To make reservations, call the Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center at 715-344-0200 or 1-800-HOLIDAY and request the Wisconsin Public Health Nursing Conference room block code PHN. You must furnish documentation at check-in when registering for tax exemption.